Version 2 - Current Planning Scheme
- Citation and commencement
- Part 1 About the planning scheme
- Part 2 State planning provisions
- Part 3 Strategic framework
- Part 4 Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP)
- Part 5 Tables of assessment
- Part 6 Zones
- Part 7 Local plans
- Part 8 Overlays
- Part 9 Development codes
- Part 10 Other plans
- Schedule 1 Definitions
- Schedule 2 Mapping
- Schedule 3 Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) mapping and tables
- Schedule 4 Notations required under the Planning Act 2016
- Schedule 5 Land designated for community infrastructure
- Schedule 6 Planning scheme policies
Part 4 Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP)
This Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) has been prepared in accordance with the requirements of the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 (repealed) and current Planning Act 2016.
The LGIP applies to the area covered by the Gladstone Regional Council Planning Scheme.
The purpose of the Local Government Infrastructure Plan is to:
- Integrate infrastructure planning with the land use planning identified in the Planning Scheme.
- Provide transparency regarding a local government's intentions for the provision of trunk infrastructure.
- Enable a local government to estimate the cost of infrastructure provision to assist its long term financial planning.
- Ensure that trunk infrastructure is planned and provided in an efficient and orderly manner.
- Provide a basis for the imposition of conditions about infrastructure on development approvals.
4.1.3 Structure of Local Government Infrastructure Plan
The Local Government Infrastructure Plan:
- States in Section 4.2.2 (Planning assumptions – Population and employment growth) the assumptions about future growth and urban development including the assumptions of demand for each trunk infrastructure network.
- Identifies in Section 22.214.171.124 (Priority Infrastructure Area) the prioritised area to accommodate urban growth up to 2031.
- States in Section 4.2.4 (Desired standards of service) for each trunk infrastructure network the desired standard of performance.
- Identifies in Sections 4.2.5 and 4.2.6 (Plans for trunk infrastructure) the existing and future trunk infrastructure for the following networks:
- water supply;
- transport; and
- parks and land for community facilities.
- Provides a list of documents that assist in the interpretation of the Local Government Infrastructure Plan in Section 4.2.8 (Extrinsic material).