Version 2 - Current Planning Scheme
- Citation and commencement
- Part 1 About the planning scheme
- Part 2 State planning provisions
- Part 3 Strategic framework
- Part 4 Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP)
- Part 5 Tables of assessment
- Part 6 Zones
- Part 7 Local plans
- Part 8 Overlays
- Part 9 Development codes
- Part 10 Other plans
- Schedule 1 Definitions
- Schedule 2 Mapping
- Schedule 3 Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) mapping and tables
- Schedule 4 Notations required under the Planning Act 2016
- Schedule 5 Land designated for community infrastructure
- Schedule 6 Planning scheme policies
9.3.4 Home based business
This code applies to a material change of use for home based business where the code is identified as applicable in the tables of assessment. When using this code, reference should be made to section 5.3.2 and where applicable, section 5.3.3 located in Part 5.
- The purpose of the home based business use code is to ensure that home based business uses are subordinate to a dwelling and residential activity and do not adversely impact on the amenity of surrounding residential activities.
- The purpose of the code will be achieved through the following overall outcomes:
- The scale and intensity of development is low impact.
- Development does not compromise the viability of designated centres and employment areas.
- Development does not adversely impact on the amenity of adjoining premises.
- Development maintains the character of residential neighbourhoods.
18.104.22.168 Assessment benchmarks
Table 22.214.171.124.1—Accepted development subject to requirements and assessable development
For accepted development subject to requirements and assessable development
Development is of a scale and intensity similar to surrounding dwellings.
Development has a maximum GFA of 100m2.
Development generates a demand for no more than 10 vehicular trips to and from the site per day.
Development generates a demand for no more than 1 delivery per week from a delivery vehicle exceeding 2.5 tonnes in weight.
The home based business is conducted by:
Development is wholly contained within the dwelling house or ancillary outbuilding on the site.
Bed and breakfast accommodation:
Development is consistent with the streetscape character of the zone.
Goods, equipment and activities associated with the development are not visible from the street or adjoining premises.
Development does not adversely impact on the amenity of area.
The home based business (where not a Bed and breakfast) is conducted between the hours of:
Vehicle parking (not associated with the dwelling):
Not more than 2 vehicles associated with the home based business is parked on the site at any one time.
Activities on the premises do not involve the repairing, servicing, cleaning, or loading of motor vehicles.