Version 1 - Superseded Planning Scheme
- Citation and commencement
- Part 1 About the planning scheme
- Part 2 State planning provisions
- Part 3 Strategic framework
- Part 4 Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP)
- Part 5 Tables of assessment
- Part 6 Zones
- Part 7 Local plans
- Part 8 Overlays
- Part 9 Development codes
- Part 10 Other plans
- Schedule 1 Definitions
- Schedule 2 Mapping
- Schedule 3 Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) mapping and tables
- Schedule 4 Notations required under the Sustainable Planning Act 2009
- Schedule 5 Land designated for community infrastructure
- Schedule 6 Planning scheme policies
Part 1 About the planning scheme
- The Our Place Our Plan Gladstone Regional Council Planning Scheme has been prepared in accordance with the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 (the Act) as a framework for managing development in a way that advances the purpose of the Act.
- In seeking to achieve this purpose, the planning scheme sets out Gladstone Regional Council's intention for the future development in the planning scheme area, over the next seventeen years to 2031.
- The planning scheme seeks to advance state and regional policies through more detailed local responses, taking into account the local context.
- While the planning scheme has been prepared with a seventeen year horizon, it will be reviewed periodically in accordance with the Act to ensure that it responds appropriately to the changes of the community at a local, regional and state level.
- The planning scheme applies to the planning scheme area of the Gladstone Regional Council including all premises, roads, internal waterways and local government tidal areas and interrelates with the surrounding local government areas illustrated in Map 1.
Note—State legislation may state that the planning scheme does not apply to certain areas, e.g. strategic port land under the Transport Infrastructure Act 1994.
Note—Refer to Part 10 - Other Plans for areas of the region governed by plans and legislation which overrides or otherwise effects the operation of the Gladstone Region Planning Scheme.