Version 1 - Superseded Planning Scheme
- Citation and commencement
- Part 1 About the planning scheme
- Part 2 State planning provisions
- Part 3 Strategic framework
- Part 4 Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP)
- Part 5 Tables of assessment
- Part 6 Zones
- Part 7 Local plans
- Part 8 Overlays
- Part 9 Development codes
- Part 10 Other plans
- Schedule 1 Definitions
- Schedule 2 Mapping
- Schedule 3 Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) mapping and tables
- Schedule 4 Notations required under the Sustainable Planning Act 2009
- Schedule 5 Land designated for community infrastructure
- Schedule 6 Planning scheme policies
1.4 Categories of development
- The categories of development under the Act are:
- exempt development
Note—A development permit is not required for exempt development.
- self-assessable development
Note—A development permit is not required for self-assessable development.
- development requiring compliance assessment
Note—A compliance permit is required for development requiring compliance assessment.
- assessable development
Note—A development permit is required for assessable development.
- prohibited development.
Note—A development application or a request for compliance assessment cannot be made for prohibited development.
- The Act and Regulation prescribe levels of assessment for certain types of development.
- The planning scheme also states the level of assessment for certain types of development in the planning scheme area in Part 5.